For the purpose of the DPA and GDPR, we are the data controller and any enquiry regarding the collection or processing of your data should be addressed to Helen King 64 Prescott Court, Baschurch, Shrewsbury, SY4 2BF or email email@example.com
By using our website and/or submitting information to us you consent to this.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office for this purpose.
Information We Collect
The personal data that we may collect from you include: –
- Title / Name
- Date of Birth
- Home Address
- Personal Email / Business Email
- Home Telephone Number / Mobile Telephone Number / Work Telephone Number
- Medical insurance details
- Referral Source
- Special Category Data (i.e. health/medical information, work history, hobbies, family background)
- GP / Consultant Details
- We collect information in the below ways: –
- Website ‘contact us’ page
- Email correspondence (either from you or referral from GP / Consultant or employer)
- Face to face consultation
- Social media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn)
How We Use Your Personal Data (Legal Basis for Processing)
Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy takes your privacy seriously and will never disclose, share or sell your data without your consent; unless required to do so by law. We only retain your data for as long as is necessary and for the purpose(s) specified in this notice. Where you have consented to us providing you with promotional offers and marketing, you are free to withdraw this consent at any time. The purposes and reasons for processing your personal data are detailed below: –
- We collect your personal data so we can book you an appointment and identify you when providing you with our services.
- We collect your personal data to ensure that appointment confirmation and reminders are sent out to your preferred phone and email address.
- We collect and store your personal data as part of our legal obligation for physiotherapy note keeping.
- We may share your data with external health care professionals who are involved in, or recommended to be involved in your care. This will always be discussed with you and consent gained before sharing any information.
- We may share your data with your external referring company or insurer (where applicable) as part of your treatment programme. This will always be discussed with you and consent gained.
You have the right to access any personal information that Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy processes about you and to request information about: –
- What personal data we hold about you
- The purposes of the processing
- The categories of personal data concerned
- The recipients to whom the personal data has/will be disclosed
- How long we intend to store your personal data for
- If we did not collect the data directly from you, information about the source
- If you believe that we hold any incomplete or inaccurate data about you, you have the right to ask us to correct and/or complete the information and we will strive to do so as quickly as possible; unless there is a valid reason for not doing so, at which point you will be notified.
- You also have the right to request erasure of your personal data or to restrict processing (where applicable) in accordance with the data protection laws; as well as to object to any direct marketing from us. Where applicable, you have the right to data portability of your information.
- If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask you to verify your identity before acting on the request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
- If you request information, we will respond within 1 month of receipt.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclose any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy uses third-parties to provide the below services and business functions; however, all processors acting on our behalf, only process your data in accordance with instructions from us and comply fully with this privacy notice, the data protection laws and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
TM3 patient management system
Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy use TM3 to book our appointments online, provide electronic note keeping and storage for your special category data, send out invoices, send out receipts and store clinic letters. All data in relation to your clinical management is processed and stored here. For more information about TM3
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy, however, as this information is required for us to provide you with our clinical services, we will not be able to offer our services without it.
How Long We Keep Your Data
Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy only ever retains personal information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed. We are required by UK Physiotherapy guidelines to keep your child’s clinical records for eight years after their 18th birthday or until 25 years of age.
Where you have consented to us using your details for direct marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Security and Breaches
Should your personal data that we control be lost, stolen or otherwise breached, where this constitutes a high risk to your rights and freedoms, we will contact you without delay. We will give you the contact details of the person who is dealing with the breach, explain to you the nature of the breach and the steps we are taking to deal with it
Third party links
You might find links to third party websites on our website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them.
Lodging A Complaint
Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy only processes your personal information in compliance with this privacy notice and in accordance with the relevant data protection laws. If, however you wish to raise a complaint regarding the processing of your personal data or are unsatisfied with how we have handled your information, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF 0303 123 1113 / https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/
Helen King Children’s Physiotherapy take your privacy seriously and will only process your personal data with your consent and in accordance with the terms stated in our Privacy Notice. We will obtain your explicit consent through a signature at your first face-to-face consultation. You can modify or withdraw consent at any time, which we will act on immediately, unless there is a legitimate or legal reason for not doing so.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or to work more efficiently, and our site relies on cookies to optimise user experience and for features and services to function properly.
Most web browsers allow some control to restrict or block cookies through the browser settings, however if you disable cookies you may find this affects your ability to use certain parts of our website or services. For more information about cookies visit https://www.aboutcookies.org